Sunday, January 13, 2013

Six Sentence Sunday #38


         The scene I’m using for SSS describes the wedding of Neal’s best friend, Sandy, to Sophie. The entire scene is in Neal’s POV.  During the ceremony Neal had some difficulty trying not to think about the one-night-stand he and Sophie shared. He had a harder time with memories of his first love, Laurie, who died before he said those three little words “I love you.”  

April (and Sandy) grew up in Crescent City, Calif. An important bit of backstory is that although she now lives with Neal in Los Angeles, she still struggles with unrequited feelings for Sandy. For this scene, the ceremony took place on a beach; afterward, Neal and April go for a walk near the water. He’s told her if getting married means a lot to her, he’ll do it. She called that the most lopsided proposal ever, so he got down on one knee and asked if she would marry him. She pushed him over; something less than flattering slipped out of his mouth, as it sometimes does. 
He hadn’t meant to say that out loud. He snapped his head up. Oh shit, damn good thing she couldn’t grab any of her chef’s knives. He threw his arms open wide. “Well, what do you expect? I ask you to marry me and you push me into the sand.”  
Half the fun of SSS is seeing comments on excerpts of your own work, but the other fun part is seeing the other snippets. There’s a fair amount of romance in the excerpts though several are not typical at all! There’s really something to please every reading taste.

The official Six Sentence Sunday is scheduled to end on January 27 :( and I have enough excerpts to cover those weeks. It's possible another version of SSS will be up in the near future also. I want to thank everybody who has come by my blog and read these excerpts, whether or not you commented. I enjoy visiting other SSSers a lot. Until next week, happy writing and reading J

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I really hope he can tell her how he really feels! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owllady I was wondering if you're the same girl that knew my sister .....
    Rose Lord -Stamford,CT
    this is her sister Debbi
    If this is you please contact me through facebook or give me a call.
    203987-7816/203-673-9729

    ReplyDelete