Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaNo update, 11/5 -- Day 5

Just a short note to say I've written 8500 words in five days, on an iPad using the touch screen. My laptop is not back from fix-it land yet, though if I don't get it in the next day or two, I will well and truly snap. 

I'm loving the feeling of exhilaration and freedom. I have to write 1667 words a day to stay on track -- I have to write every day. NaNo is as close as many of us will get to writing under a hard and fast deadline. People who write for a living do this regularly, and more. This is the life, ain't it? Writing as much as you can before you drop. 

Professional writers also have better things than an iPad to produce all those words on. iPads are okay for some things, but hardcore writing? Not so much! It's doable but not something I care to repeat. 

To everybody else running the NaNo sprint (over 220,000 writers, according to the NaNoWriMo homepage), best of luck! We can do this thing! :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment