Saturday, December 8, 2012

Operation Help The Elf at Bookshelf Muse!

Angela and Becca have done it again: they've come up with a really fun way to say "thanks" to a writer friend or other person who's been especially inspirational this year. I've got the perfect person in mind, but all I'll say right now is that this person got me to a turning point and helped me avoid falling off a personal cliff.

Hop over to The Bookshelf Muse and read all about poor Pete, who seems to have gotten into the holiday cheer a little early. Sign up to help spread some  holiday awesomeness to people without whom we just couldn't manage.

There are a whole bunch of people who've helped me get back on track with writing so I'll have to put some thought into what I can do to extend the idea. On December 19th, our "thank you" emails or physical gifts will be delivered and we give back some love to a special person (or people). Then we blog hop to read about everybody's selections.

It's events like this that really bring home the meaning of "it's better to give than receive." It's fantastic to let people know what they mean to you.

So don't be shy, go sign up! I'm sure there are people who've not only been instrumental in keeping you on course with your writing, but people who just make your life better. I'm really looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment